These are TO.DIE.FOR. I kid you not… and I’m not just tooting my own horn here, I could not stop tasting the peanut butter buttercream frosting and had to resist myself (like I’m talking tie my hands behind my back resist myself) from eating more than just 1 of these babes. Get ready to not only satisfy your chocolate craving but your peanut butter craving as well!
For the cupcakes I just used a chocolate cake box kit and you’ll need to also get mini reese cups that you’ll place in the center of the batter when poured into the cupcake liners. I baked the cupcakes like normal and when I took them out you couldn’t even tell there was a little surprise in the middle.
For the Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting I used this recipe that I altered a bit…
• 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
• 3/4 cup salted butter – softened
• 1 cup (and a couple spoonfuls) creamy peanut butter
• 2 teaspoons of vanilla
• 3 – 4 cups powdered sugar (or until you get the sweetness you desire)
• splash of milk
1. With an electric mixer, whip the shortening and butter together
2. Add peanut butter and mix well
3. Add vanilla and the splash of milk
4. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating well after each addition
5. Taste and add whatever you feel you need more of. Sugar will make it sweeter, peanut butter will make it thicker. My consistency is a fluffy buttercream.
6. Let the frosting sit in the fridge to firm for approximately 10 minutes. After this amount of time you’ll be able to get the shape you want with your frosting tools.